Friday, November 14, 2008

When will People stand up and Stop this Madness?

I can't believe this is happening under the U.S. Constitution. But it is...it really is happening! From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

A provision of Georgia’s sex-offender law that prohibits offenders from volunteering at places of worship should be struck down because it criminalizes religious conduct, a lawyer argued Thursday. Because of the provision, offenders cannot sing in adult choirs, play the piano during services, attend adult Bible study classes, serve as a pallbearer at a friend’s funeral or give their testimonies to congregations, Atlanta lawyer Gerry Weber told a federal judge. During the last session, the General Assembly amended the sex-offender law, which already made it a crime for an offender to be employed at a church. The new provision makes it a crime to “volunteer.”
If convicted, an offender faces at least 10 years and no more than 30 years in prison.

What's illegal next for Georgia ex-offenders? Public transportation? Public Restrooms? Appearing in public, period? Does this remind anybody else of the prelude to the Holocaust? Full Story Here

2 comments:

  1. I read the article in The Stranger. As a sex offender I can understand what your going through, but I do wish you would have been more truthful, they sort of made it seem as if you were trying to hide certain things. I am supportive of your blog and changing the sex-offender laws in the US. You should check out sosen.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know exactly what your referring to, but after opening my whole life and history to Mr. Sanders for 6 months before he wrote The Offender, I and many people close to me were surprised and disappointed with his negative spin on me personally.

    ReplyDelete