Tuesday, November 11, 2008

6 Years Later, Sex Offender Voting Rights Restored!

My crime was being a week past the deadline--Failure to Register as a Sex Offender. The punishment was:
1) 30+ days in jail
2) One year community supervision, including fees and restrictions
3) $1800+ in court fines
4) A Class-C Felony added to my record
5) Increased Sex Offender "Risk" Level.
The good news? Here is my official Notice of Discharge. This allowed me to legally register in Washington (as a voter) just in time for the incredible election! The surprising part? It was delivered without my request. I have the feeling the ACLU had something to do with this. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Erik, on your ability to participate in this democracy. Keep up the great work - this blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's truly great that your rights were restored in time for this incredible election! (I bet I can guess who you voted for.) But your penalties do seem to go just a bit beyond reason(sanity?). What is going on here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo for an excellent blog! Can't wait to hear more about that book...

    ReplyDelete